Brian and I have a lot of fun together, it’s my favorite part of our marriage, aside from the unconditional love and support that we have for one another. We are so happy in love and one night when the kids were asleep, we brainstormed about the different things to do together as a couple.
Obviously we’re not perfect and we have our moments, too, but what I want to highlight here is our emphasis on F U N and I thought I’d share an uplifting and hopefully inspiring post 💑
Okay so here are some things to do together as a couple:
- Bike Riding. We love riding bikes! Whenever we’re on vacation, or even at home, a cruise is always so fun and relaxing. We have the seats for Brian and Grace, and now that Brian is a little bigger, he can ride next to us on his bike. We haven’t tried this yet but hoping this summer it works out!
- Date Day/Night. Yes, the obvious, but really so important. We’ve actually been taking advantage of date days more often than nights lately because it feels like a mini-vacation when you take off for the day. We usually go a town or two over and try new restaurants, take a walk on the beach or through town, it’s so nice and we really cherish that alone time together.
- Unwinding at Night Together. This is our savior during busy weekdays. We put the kids to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and then spend the rest of the night together. We eat dinner together (if we haven’t already eaten with the kids), sit on the couch, watch some of our favorite shows, listen to music, whatever we do it’s our time at the end of the day and we cherish it. Now that the weather is nice we’ll go out on the porch and have a glass of wine, have a fire in the fire pit, etc…
- Concerts. We are definitely concert people and although that has slowed down with kids, we make an effort to go to at least 5/year. We’re headed to Camden, NJ to see Mumford & Sons on May 25th next!
- Playing Sports. I’m not a sporty gal but I do love tennis and going to the driving range. I usually beat Brian in tennis (haha) and there is such a great feeling when you swing a driver and watch your ball fly. We also love paddle boarding and kayaking when the weather is nice.
- TRAVEL. This is a tough one with kids, but if you’ve got any support from family or a kick-ass babysitter, try and make it work, even if it’s only for one or two nights. We just flew to Jacksonville on a whim because we were able to get a sitter and it was one of my favorite weekends with Bri in the 10 years we’ve been together. We just had so much fun, and it was so nice to escape! With the daily grind of work and kids, it’s soooo important to get away and be just a couple with no clock ticking to get home.
That’s what I’ve got for now, what are some things to do together as a couple YOU and your man do?? Share in the comments 🙂