Some of my favorite people to buy presents for are my kids’ teachers. I am SO grateful to them for the hard work they put in day after day with no only my kids, but an entire classroom full of their peers. Teachers are so influential to our little ones and play an integral part in their development. They spend their days making sure our littles get the best education, care, discipline and love while they are at school. So when it comes to the holidays, I want to shower them with gratitude 🙌🏻 🙏🏻
Below is a special gift guide inspired by real teachers for teachers.
1. Scarves – it’s the perfect gift! The price is on point and I’ve heard from close teacher friends that most schools can be on the chilly side so having something practical to keep them warm that’s also stylish is a win! Below are some of my favorites this season.
2. Coffee, coffee, coffee!!! OK so this is basically a no brainer gift for moms, teachers, really anyone! But some key advice – find out if they are a Dunkin or Starbucks lover. That will matter in terms of having the person really enjoy and appreciate the gift! What could be extra special is receiving a gift card to their favorite coffee place in one of the below coffee cups. Teachers (like moms) rarely have time to drink their coffee when it’s hot, so help them enjoy it when they can!
2. Loft Gift Card!! LOFT LOVES TEACHERS – Check out just how much they love teachers here! Getting them a gift card can enable them to take advantage of the amazing perks! If they ever need help deciding what to buy you can always point them in my direction!
3. Barnes and Noble Gift Card – So many books, supplies and teacher friendly items you can’t go wrong here.
4. Visa Gift Cards – While we hope personalizing it to something specific is helpful, sometimes giving them the option to splurge on themselves wherever they want is just the gift they were hoping for.
5. Mani/Pedi or Massage Gift Card – you can always ask to find their favorite spots, look up local reviews, etc. Enable them to take a break, relax and pamper themselves.
6. Lakeshore – So this is an upscale teacher supply store that is in high demand. If a teacher receives a gift from here they will know you are really thinking about what they need to be successful!
7. Birch Box – The gift that keeps on giving (well at least for 6 months!). I love this gift idea (both receiving and giving).
8. Wine!! Because….well….wine. How about a bottle of their favorite wine (i.e white or red) and pair it with this perfect set.
9. Umbrella’s – So this may sound random but think about it – for the teachers that have recess duty or pick up/drop off/bus duty – when it’s raining you know they are thinking “man I wish I had an umbrella” and how much better would it be if it’s cute! This Kate Spade umbrella is a dream making any rainy day stylish, cute and fun!
From The Kids
– Depending on how old your kids are, it would be really special they could be a part of deciding what to get their teachers. While you may gift one of the items above, you may want to also include a little something special and personal from student(s).
1. Arts and Crafts – have the kids spend time making something for their teacher! See below for some fund ideas found on Pinterest.
2. Baked Goods – Sweets can go a long way and are always appreciated! Baking can be a great way to stay on budget and make something special with your kids.
3. Books – Ask your kid(s) to think of their favorite books and buy them for the teacher to have in their library for kids to read.
4. Hand written thank you notes (from kids/parents or both!). This special memento can go a long way in making a teachers day. Thanking them for all their hard work and having the kids call out a special memory or thing they love about their teachers can go such a long way.
Are any of you teachers out there!? If so, feel free to add your thoughts, comments and suggestions below!!