Hi Friends!! I am so excited to share the answers to my first Q&A with you! A few weeks back I asked for some of your top questions and you all had such an amazing variety of SO many really good questions!! There were so many I’m actually going to split this up into two parts so this is part 1 🙂 I put them into categories in case you are interested in certain things rather than others. This was actually really fun for me!!
- Which Levi’s are your absolute favorite? Do you size up or stay true to size? The Distressed super skinny Levi’s from ShopBop are my absolute fav! I would recommend getting them true to size and they are THE most flattering jeans I’ve ever seen. There is also the non-distressed version of those same jeans (so my second favorite – in the wash called “shut the front door”), same fit, same everything! You can get them on Levis site here or ShopBop here (the Levi’s site sometimes has sales so you should watch for that).
- Favorite perfume? I don’t wear perfume anymore because I use my essential oils. Right now I’m liking geranium with lavender.
- Favorite moisturizing body lotion(s)? I use coconut oil that I buy from Trader Joe’s. I just started mixing shea butter with the coconut oil and adding a couple drops of lavender and it’s bomb!
- Favorite concealer? here
- What are your must have products for your kids?
- What is your health/fitness regime like? I just started doing the BBG program because I was ridiculously out of shape it’s kicking my butt but I’m loving it. In terms of diet I’m typically a grazer, I graze all day on whatever I can get my hands on. That might look something like the other half of Grace’s eggo waffles and the rest of the fruit they left on their plate. If I’m lucky at lunch I will make myself a nice salad with veggies and protein and I always have a full dinner with Brian. Oh and lots of coffee!!
- How do you balance being a mom and fitness? That’s something really hard and fitting in workouts is something I struggle with everyday. This BBG program I’m doing is pretty great because you have the option to do it at home if you need to so I can put on a show for Brian and Grace and fit in the workout but I do prefer to go to the gym and do it when I can and my gym has childcare so that helps.
- What’s your skincare routine? I use Colleen Rothschild. My nighttime routine is slightly different from my morning routine because I don’t wash my face in the morning. At nighttime I use her cleansing balm, mendelic acid serum and then her face oil and her eye cream. In the morning I usually just splash water on my face and wipe it down with a towel. Sometimes depending on my hormones I sweat in the night so in that case I will do my nighttime routine in the morning.
- What’s a typical morning schedule time wise? Do you always get dressed/make up/shower first thing in the morning? Do your kids sleep well? My kids sleep well, they are usually up between 7-8. I don’t get out of bed until I absolutely have to, I’m pretty lazy in the morning. I will go downstairs in my PJs and get them breakfast. While they eat I will splash water on my face, throw on workout clothes (if I’m working out that day), take them to school, come back either start working or go to the gym. On days that I don’t workout I will come home after dropping Brian off and take a quick shower and put on my outfit for the day.
- What are you 5 closet staples for each season? I’m going to list out my MUST HAVE items in no particular order!
- Hunter boots,
- Chloe bag
- Madewell tote
- Ray Ban sunglasses
- Levi’s jeans
- Metallic birkenstocks
- JCrew Coat
- Madewell white t-shirt
- My new madewell overalls
- This white sherpa lined sweatshirt has been worn so many times already!
- JCrew Coat (currently out of stock but likely will be back in stock in the fall!)
- New Abercrombie chambray shorts are going to be my new staple this spring/summer
- Swim Cover up I’m currently loving as it’s similar to this one I wore all the time last summer just in a new color!
- What is one personal luxury you indulge in (massages, manicures, shopping, etc.)? Shopping!! I love shopping this is why I do what I do.
- Is there anything (bag, shoes, etc.) you like to splurge on every once in a while? Yes definitately bags! I’ve been trying to stick to affordable options for my followers but I have my eye on this one Gucci bag. I don’t typically splurge on shoes. Rather than buying really expensive items I would rather spend money on my home or travel.
- Would you ever consider doing a Marshalls or TJ Maxx run & consider posting about it? I typically don’t like to do that as I don’t like to show things that people can’t easily buy online.
- Can you describe the sizing you would recommend on the Madewell overalls you tried on at the mall on Monday? I wear an XS and I typically wear a size 24 or 25 jean so I would say true to size. Or order two pair and return the ones that don’t work.
- Where to shop online for affordable (but still good quality) cocktail dresses? Nordstrom. Brands like BP, Leith, Socialite always have really trendy and affordable options.
- Did you ever try the no more baggage eye cream by dr. Brant, if so what did you think? Yes! I typically wear that if I don’t get a lot of sleep as it helps with my dark circles and bags tremendously.
- What do you ask for when you get your hair colored? Do you get highlights or ombré? My stylist does something called shadowing, it’s like a balayage but not. Next time I go I will have her explain it to me so I can share.
- Do you prefer short or long hair? Do you miss your long hair? I really like it both ways, short hair has been really easy maintenance for me lately and I feel like it’s gotten thicker lately. There’s always the option of hair extensions if I want them longer.
- Are your extensions annoying or feel as though they are coming loose? Can you wear your hair back in a pony tail or do they show? I have a full post on my tape in extensions! I don’t have them in right now but I went into detail about how I wear them/what they are like in the post.
- What products do you use on your hair before drying? A product by Kerastase found here.
- What kind of curling iron do you use? whirl trio
- Do you have a fireplace? I need inspiration for my mantel! We just finished up our mantel a few months ago and I will be sharing it on the blog soon!
- Can you post more oil combos/how you use oils in every day life? I use oils all day everyday! I recently wrote a blog post about it here and am working on more oil related content to share so stay tuned!
Would love to get your feedback on this post! Is this something you would like to see more of?
Thanks for reading!!