This Friday is Valentine’s Day and today I want to offer you 10 options for a fun and different date night, both staying in and going out, and some cute outfits from Verishop! Our date nights have been pretty non-existent this pregnancy which I kind of feel badly about but I’m so tired at night that no joke I can barely muster up the energy to walk up the stairs to bed! Date night is something we love so much and I’m sure once I get back on my feet after baby I’ll be up for it again but for now…the couch it will be 🙂
EXCEPT for this one night, the night before Valentine’s Day!! I was listening to the Lumineers in my car and remembered how much we loved their first concert so I did a thing. I literally pulled into the next parking lot and checked to see if they were on tour. Low and behold, they were coming to Brooklyn on Thursday and Friday of the next week and I bought us two tickets. I’m SO excited to see them again and it’ll be really fun to get dressed up and have a night out with B alone.
If you’re looking for something fun to do with your love on Valentine’s Day, here are TEN fun and different date night ideas that will make it worth it to stay up past your bedtime, and/or get the babysitter and head out on the town.
1. Find a concert or live show of some sort in your area and book the tickets, just do it!!
2. Couples Massage // This could be so nice to do the weekend of Valentine’s Day. There is nothing in life I love more than a massage and how nice would it be to have a couple’s one?? Maybe grab a bite after and make a night of it!
3. Workout class/Orange Theory // I love working out as a couple. It’s kind of fun to break each other’s backs in class, I’m always poking Brian at Orange Theory and we get a good laugh while you’re pushing ourselves. Get’s the endorphins flowing and could be nice to go home, shower, and head back out for dinner!
4. Drink wine and film TikTok video // This one is kind of out there but these videos look like so much fun to make! I bet you’d laugh a TON learning a new dance together and the wine would just be an added bonus.
5. Cook Together // We love to cook together!! Pour a little wine, light a fire, go on pinterest and make something elaborate that you wouldn’t normally make. Put the kids to bed and then get cooking! Turn on some Etta James and just enjoy the time. Those pesky little buggers better stay in their rooms!
6. Paint + Wine // We have a gift certificate to paint here and haven’t used it!! I went years ago with friends and it was SO MUCH FUN! Brian and I have never done it but I imagine we’d have a great time!
7. Driving Range // There are lots of indoor driving ranges that are popping up. Brian just went to one in Chelsea Piers that he loved. It might be fun to book a space and grab dinner while hitting golf balls!
8. Art Museum // I think we went to the MET once while we were dating and I was living in the city. If I wasn’t pregnant, I *might* have the energy to take a train, do the museum and go to dinner after.
8. Wine tasting or brewery // Connecticut has some really nice wineries and breweries to visit.
10. Rock climbing or Go Cart Racing // I’ve never done either of these things but how much fun would that be! RPM Raceway just opened in Stamford and I kind of want to go!! Although if it’s a bumper car situation I don’t think they would fare well on the big old belly right now. Rock climbing is also out of the question right now, but could be so fun to do before heading out for dinner! Chelsea Piers in Stamford has a wall that you can climb!
Now let’s chat about the outfit!
I am IN LOVE with this red dress from Verishop! Verishop has so many of my favorite brands and major perks like free 1-day shipping (no membership, no minimum), free returns and exchanges and 24/7 customer care. They also have a price match guarantee so if you see a product elsewhere at a lower price, they will match it for you! I’ve also discovered some new brands like Xirena who makes my red dress.
I was SO happy when this arrived to have it fit like a glove and be SO comfortable. I ordered an XS which works perfectly with the bump. I love that I can wear it during winter with a cute layer like this BLANKNYC moto jacket (best moto EVER) and it’ll be so cute in the summer, even for the fourth of July with a denim jacket!!
You can shop some other favorite looks for date night below!
Checkout our favorite date night spots in Fairfield County, here!