Today I am sharing 5 simple tips for shopping on eBay! I am in a new and very serious relationship…with my Instant Pot. I am obsessed and would be totally lost (and hungry) without it, especially as we undergo construction at the Joy household. I have been using it for all of our dinners lately and it’s hard to think of going back to the oven honestly. It allows me to cook healthy, delicious dinner for the family and fast! I love sharing mom/life hacks and this one is one of my favorite! A slow cooker is great but time is precious and sometimes I don’t have time to think about what’s for dinner until, well right before dinner. This little gem takes care of all the hassle and with little to no mess for me. I not only wanted to share this great product but also how you can easily find it for a great deal by shopping on eBay. Below are my simple tips for shopping must-have items at a great price!
To start, you will need an eBay account to start shopping. It’s easy to sign-up then a few steps to activate your account and you are on your way to shop and save! Don’t worry there are NO membership fees to worry about.
- Utilize The Tools & Resources – When you login to your eBay account click “Advanced” located to the right of the Search button. This will allow you to narrow down your search and find what you are looking for more quickly vs. scrolling through ALL the items available on the site.
- Follow The Deal – If you have your eye on something specific or hard to find, you can ‘follow’ the search, which means eBay will notify you via email each time a seller lists your desired item. I love this because the site basically does the work for me! You can also check their featured deals to stay on top of what’s on sale that week. You can even shop top name brands like Kendra Scott or by category like “Home & Garden“.
- Do A Little Research – I HIGHLY recommend learning a bit about the seller before a buy. You can easily find seller rating, feedback score, and the number of items they’ve sold on their listing by their username. I suggest reading a bit about who they are, what their return policy is. Most items have a money back guarantee. This means you should get the exact item you ordered or your money back on virtually all items.
- Know How To Shop – There are two primary options when shopping on eBay. Placing a bid is like being at a virtual auction. You input a bid and the maximum amount you are willing to spend on the item. There is a set time on the auction so eBay will automatically increase the amount in small increments until it reaches your max price and you will either “win” or “lose” that auction. Another option (not found on all items) is the “Buy It Now” options which bypasses the auction process and allows you to purchase directly.
- Browse & enjoy! This is a seriously huge marketplace with tons of categories to shop from and it can be overwhelming for some. I recommend carving out time when you can relax and enjoy the search instead of rushing to click and purchase. In order to maximize your shopping experience I def recommend taking the time to do #1 & #3 above which will help to get you the best deal for the items you want!
I hope these tips are an easy guide to get you started on the eBay shopping train! Trust me it gets way easier after your first go round and the bargains will keep you coming back for more!
Thank you eBay for sponsoring today’s post!