I made the BEST banana bread last night and I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with you all.
Very Simple //
- 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or greek yogurt*
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (I usually use medium-large sized ones)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray a 9 inch loaf pan, set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt over the butter mixture and stir to mix until just combined. Fold in the bananas and sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool until warm before serving.
*I have used sour cream, greek yogurt, regular yogurt and buttermilk in this recipe and they all yield awesome results. I usually heap the sour cream into the measuring cup so it’s just a little over-full.