Hi Friends!! Coming atcha today, Day 7 of quarantine for us, with Brian’s incredible meatloaf recipe! Ever since I’ve been “on rest”, limited movement with placenta previa, Brian has REALLY stepped up his game in the kitchen 👏🏻And we’re all loving it. His meatloaf recipe is really simple and is adapted from the one and only, Barefoot Contessa.
- 1 lb. of 85/15 ground beef
- 1 onion, sautéd in butter on the stove top with a little salt
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Gently fold together the ground beef with all of the other ingredients (don’t over smash and mix, it’ll ruin the texture).
- Form into the shape of a loaf, add some ketchup to the top, and place in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
For the potatoes, we simply cut the little yukon gold potatoes you buy in a bag in half, place them in a bowl and coat them with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt and fresh ground pepper. We put these in the oven at the same time as the meatloaf and they usually cook through right as the meatloaf is ready!
Serve with a salad, or your favorite veggie! I grew up having meatloaf with baby peas, so that’s what I normally serve it with!