Guyssss. This chicken roasted pepper and avocado rice bowls dish is our FAVORITE new recipe in the Joy household. It’s full of flavor and covers all the main food groups. Plus it’s super healthy! It’s also family friendly. It’s a versatile recipe that you can adjust to meet the needs of any family members. For instance my kids aren’t fans of cooked peppers so I just serve them the raw peppers on the side of the rice and chicken.
- Cooked chicken breast. roast it in the oven, buy a rotisserie chicken, grill it, whichever you prefer! For this recipe I roasted two bone-in breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Two red peppers and one yellow pepper
- Brown rice
- Trader joe’s SOYAKI sauce
- First slice your peppers into strips and line them on a baking sheet. drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Then cook brown rice according to instructions
- Next slice up your avocado + clean some fresh cilantro
- Once everything is cooked, all you do it put it all in a bowl (I like the rice at the bottom as a “base”) and put all the goodies on top!
- Lastly, top with Soyaki sauce and enjoy!
If you would like, you can check out more of my recipes here. I share a number of different dinner ideas, quick fixes and even kid friendly healthy recipes! Sure to find something for everyone.
Please let me know if you make this chicken roasted pepper and avocado rice bowls recipe by tagging me on instagram @purejoyhome!