Baking has become one of our favorite things to do in the winter, especially in our new kitchen! It was the one thing I missed the most when we were under construction so I feel like we’re making up for lost time 🙂
We made these chocolate chip muffins last night and they were SO yummy, not on the healthy side but more of a desert/treat. Also, we’re trying to put some meat on Brian’s bones so I’m constantly trying to think of high calorie snacks in addition to big healthy meals to give him and these were definitely a hit! They begged for me to pack them in their lunch boxes today so they could show their friends what we made last night, so cute.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
Instructions:Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease twelve muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- bake for 15 minutes
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or completely cool.