GUYS. Over the weekend I made the absolute BEST chocolate chip cookies! I’ve made these several times now and they are so quick and easy, it’s fun to whip up a batch during dinner prep so you can pop them in right after dinner and enjoy them with a big glass of milk before bed 🙂
I adapted the recipe from the great Crazy for Crust!
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup (113g) salted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- Note: This dough requires chilling.
- Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer). Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy. Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
Do me a favor, if you make them, share them in your instagram stories and tag @purejoyhome so I can share what yours look like!