Last week, I asked you all what your favorite full coverage clean foundations are and you delivered! So many of you wanted me to share the responses so I thought I would share the top responses and try some out for myself!!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m obsessed with my Dior Forever Skin Glow foundation BUT it’s not the cleanest makeup and I use it almost everyday so I need to find a cleanert alternative. It’s rated an 8 in the Think Dirty App…ugh. It’s frustrating that there is such a lack of regulations when it comes to what ingredients are being used in makeup. This matters because your skin absorbs about 60% of what you put on it and it goes into your body. There are lots of cleaner options out there so why not give them a try!
Most of my other makeup is clean and comes from the Savvy Minerals line from Young Living, but their foundation is a mineral powder which I don’t love. I’m also loving Ilia’s mascara and lipsticks (the colors Wild Rose and Little Sister are my current faves).
I rounded up the top 10 most recommended clean foundations by you all below. I purchased the one that received the most recommendations so that I can try it out and give you all my honest opinion.
- BeautyCounter Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation – Okay, this one surprised me. I LOVE IT!! I ordered the Tint Skin in Linen and it was the first time I had ever tried it. I had tried Dew Skin but I didn’t love that one. I an not a BeautyCounter consultant but I’m sure you have a friend that is, so support her and give this a try!!
2. Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation– I have tried this one and I love Ilia. This foundation isn’t as “full coverage” as I like but if you’re going for lighter coverage, this is an amazing option!
3. Crunchi Beautifully Flawless Foundation – I have never heard of the brand but so many of you said you love this foundation. Crunchi is a vegan, non toxic foundation that gives a flawless coverage. It has really great reviews on their website, but also a few negatives. Some people said that the formula is heavy and falls into fine lines and wrinkles. Overall, there were way more positives than negatives though.
4. Jane Iredale Beyond Matte Liquid Foundation– Another one that I have not heard about but the reviews were great! The formula is plans based and vegan. This is a buildable foundation so you can go lighter or more full coverage. It comes in 18 different shades so you can find your perfect color.
5. Vapour Soft Focus Foundation– The Vapour foundation says it gives a medium to full coverage finish. It also is infused with botanicals that are good for your skin.
6. Milk Blur Liquid Matte Foundation– The Milk foundation is full coverage a gives a matte finish. It says that its super light weight which I like for a full coverage foundation. No one wants a heavy, “cakey” face! It’s vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, silicone-free, and cruelty-free.
7. It Cosmetics CC Cream with 50+ SPF– I have heard a lot of great things about this foundation. It includes your full-coverage foundation, hydrating anti-aging serum and SPF 50 sunscreen which is pretty amazing! It ranks slightly higher than the other foundations in the Think Dirty App with a 5.
8. FITGLOW Vita Active Foundation– So many of you recommended this foundation. It is the only one that ranks zero on the Think Dirty App Meter so that is pretty amazing! It’s a plant based formula that is infused with vitamins to not only coverup imperfections but also make your skin even healthier!
9. Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation– Juice foundation uses age-defying serum and concentrated plant-derived Phyto-Pigments. Its buildable to full-coverage formula and is said to deliver a noticeably smoother, more youthful looking appearance.
10. RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation– Last but not least, the RMS foundation is both a concealer and foundation in one. It ranks a 3 in the Think Dirty App and is cruelty-free, gluten-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.