Okay, this creamy rigatoni with sausage and sweet peas was a total HIT with the family so wanted to share another easy to make recipe for the Holidays! It takes under 15 minutes to prepare and the entire family will enjoy it!!
- 1 box of Rigatoni
- 1 jar of Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 1 pack of cream cheese (you’ll use 3 ounces of it)
- 1lb. ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 bag of frozen sweet peas
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped basil
- Start boiling a pot of lightly salted water (I use about a tablespoon) for your pasta. You’ll use the entire box of pasta
- Cook ground sweet Italian sausage on medium heat in a dutch oven until it’s brown and crumbly
- Combine full jar of Rao’s sauce with the cooked sausage and add 3 oz of cream cheese and stir to make your cream sauce
- Add your frozen sweet peas and stir until evenly distributed. You can add as much or as little as you want here
- Once your pasta is cooked to al dente (follow box instructions for timing), drain from the water and put it all in your pot with the sauce.
- Let it all simmer together for about 2 minutes and then serve!!
Top with parmesan cheese and some fresh chopped basil and enjoy! Happy Holidays from the Joys!