We’ve been using this DIY “hairspray” for Grace since she started school! One of the many reasons I love having an arsenal of essential oils at home is because you can use them for SO MANY THINGS! And you know I was once skeptical of natural ingredients performing better than chemical. I thought why would the shelves of all the stores we always shop at be filled with the chemical stuff, if the natural stuff works? It’s cheaper, that’s why! I do think big box stores are making serious efforts by including natural alternatives on their shelves which makes me SO HAPPY! I haven’t done much research on these alternatives though because I primarily use Young Living but maybe that would be a fun post!
SO! Back to the hairspray. It’s gross but lice happens, especially in schools. Today I am sharing a DIY natural lice prevention spray using essential oils and water. It’s safe for the littles and tea tree is 100% effective in killing lice! See article on that here. If you want to read more about the combo of lavender and tea tree, read here! It’s pretty astonishing how much more effective the EO’s are than chemical treatments.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4 oz container from amazon (I got the set as I use them frequently)
- 20 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Add a splash of witch hazel
- Fill the rest with water
- Optional – If you also need a detangler, just add one tablespoon of your favorite kids conditioner. We love using the Copiaba Vanilla conditioner from Young Living, it smells amazing and makes our hair SO. SOFT! No tangles and lice prevention in ONE 🙌🏻