Happy Sunday ☘️ I have the best ever double chocolate mint cookie recipe to share with you today! I was craving Thin Mints something fierce the other day and worked on this little batch and it came out SO yummy!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops of peppermint vitality essential oil
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, 2 tablespoons water, vanilla extract and 2 drops of peppermint vitality essential oil. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Fold in the cooled chocolate. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough 10 minutes to firm slightly. Roll little balls (a little smaller than golf balls) and place in your baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies 8 minutes, until the cookies are slightly puffed and dry looking with some small cracks on top.
- Cool the cookies and ENJOY!