Hi Friends! This past weekend I celebrated my birthday with my near and dear while sipping on the most delish Pomegranate Rosemary Margaritas! We had fun recreating our version of this beautiful and festive cocktail for you.
Pomegranate has TONS of health benefits, so this drink is a win, win! Just kidding, but this is a great drink to serve over the holidays, during the winter, or any time of the year. Try a fun cinnamon sugar rim around the edges of your glass, or skip it and stick with the margarita itself. Either way, it’s a crowd pleaser.
POMEGRANTE ROSEMARY MARGARTIAS
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- the juice of 2 fresh squeezed limes
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- ½ cup silver tequila (or more – up to you!)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils, fresh or frozen
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 20 small ice cubes (or 8 large ones)
Cinnamon Sugar Rim (optional):
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Place pomegranate juice, lime juice, agave syrup, silver tequila, and pomegranate arils, and fresh rosemary sprigs in a shaker container or pitcher.
- Shake or mix well.
- If desired, rim 4 margarita or highball glasses (about 12 ounces) with cinnamon sugar. To make rim: Run a lemon half along the edge of the glass to moisten it. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small dish. Dip the rim of each glass in the mixture and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Fill each of the glasses with 5 small (or 2 large) ice cubes.
- Pour the margarita mixture into each glass (about ¾ cup per glass).
- Serve immediately.