Sharing this easy salsa verde chicken enchilada recipe for the big game! Super easy especially when using a rotisserie chicken and only takes about 10 minutes of prep time to allow for more hanging out!!
- 2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 (16 oz) jars of salsa verde
- 1 can of black beans
- Cilantro, chopped
- Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Corn tortillas (I have tried flour too, but prefer the corn)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place olive oil and minced garlic in a skillet on medium heat. Then add in 2 jars of salsa verde, 1 can of black beans and the cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend and stir.
- In a baking dish, start to assemble each tortilla with the chicken filling and make sure to place the tortilla with the seam down to keep the goodness in. Once the baking dish is full, pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 mins. Remove the foil and cook for another 10 mins to get that cheese melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve #cookingwiththejoys