Hello from the West Coast! This morning while I was adjusting to the time change (hello 4:30am wake up!) I thought I would take advantage of the quiet morning and share a quick hair tutorial. For a few years now these tools have been my go-to for an easy beach wave/curl.
For every day waves I use the 1-inch barrel from the Whirl Trio.
I will usually blow dry with the round brush, then use the paddle brush to help gently brush out my curls after I am done (and they have cooled a bit) to give it a softer look. My blow dryer and round brush are on sale today!! Such a great deal to get both the blow dryer and round brush for only $99.90! It usually retails at $250.
Before I start I will spray a heat protectant all over (I am so sad I forgot to pack it on this trip). I am loving this Argan Oil and Green Tea Powered Styling Foam from Navy Hair care. You can also get 30% off right now with my code “JOY”.
*Definitely check out my tutorial on stories today for a full view of my simple technique.
- First, pull the crown of your hair up in a pony tail to keep it out of the way while you start curling the bottom pieces.
- Next, start to curl the pieces that are down.
- Take little pieces, wrap the hair around the wand move it around a little bit pull the wand up and let it fall then pull the ends gently.
- I recommend taking smaller portions of hair to make sure all the hairs curl. If you take too big of a chunk you risk not getting a full curl.
- Leave about an inch of the ends out (i.e. don’t curl those) it keeps the length, prevents damaging your ends and I personally like the look as it’s more of a beachy wave then a tight curl.
- Alternate between curling away from your face and towards your face for volume and again a more beachy look.
- Start the curl about half way down away from your head. I like having a straight top (just personal preference) and then the curls are just loose at the bottom.
- Then I take the top part down and start the same process with that section.
- To finish it off, I will sometimes take blow dryer to smooth out any weird ends or kinks.
Pretty quick and easy! I hope you found this hair tutorial helpful and definitely grab any products you need today while they are at these great prices! I also shared another post on the blog today rounding up August top sellers which you can check out here.