Hi Friends!! Two blog posts in one day, who am I??? I’m excited to share our Halloween Graveyard Cake that we’ve made not once, but TWICE this month!! We’ve been bringing it as a dessert to friends houses and it’s SUCH a hit with the little ones. It also tastes delicious because of a special little trick we do on the dirt 😉
Grace and Brian love baking and decorating this cake, partly because they sneak in lots of treats throughout the process, i.e. gummy worms and candy corn pumpkins.
Our Halloween Graveyard Cake is super easy to make! We found all of our ingredients at Walmart and the total cost was under $15. For a dessert that can feed 10-15 hungry little mouths, I’d say that’s a steal! Also, I don’t care what anyone says, a boxed cake is the best cake, do you agree?? They always come out perfect and light!
Halloween Graveyard Cake
- Bake the cake according to directions in a clear glass baking dish
- frost the cake with chocolate frosting
- Take a couple handfuls of grasshopper cookies and place them in a ziploc bag. Hammer away at those puppies to make “dirt”.
- Spread the dirt around on the frosted cake.
- Decorate the milano cookies with frosting to they look like gravestones, and use the same frosting to put eyes on your marshmallows
- Place candy pumpkins, milano cookies, marshmallows and gummy works around on your cake
That’s it!! Easiest and cutest halloween cake everrr and I’m telling you the kids seriously LOVE it!!
SHOP THE POST
I love that Walmart is a one-stop-shop with the best deals around for making my life easy. Walmart had everything we needed from the cake mix to the candy pumpkins and I had been wanting a glass baking dish so I ordered one online to come in with our ingredients. We even picked up some candy for trick or treaters and some last minute halloween decor because the prices were so good! Have so much fun with your cake and don’t forget to tag @purejoyhome when you share it on social!!
*thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post.