Happy Monday! If you are currently planning out meals for the week like most of us, I have a really great soup recipe that is both healthy and easy! Everyone needs a good homemade chicken soup recipe this time of the year and it’s easy to the point of me reciting the directions to Brian while I was at Target and by the time I got home he nailed it 🙌🏻 We make this soup recipe at least once a week because it’s a quick and easy and everyone loves it…even the kids!
- Package of bone in chicken (2 breasts + 2 drumsticks) or 1 whole chicken
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 whole onion sliced and cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Handful of parsley
- 1 tbsp salt
- First, put everything in a dutch oven or slow cooker and cover with water.
- Let the water come to a rolling boil and then cook it on low for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Then, cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes
- Once the chicken is cooked through, take out the chicken, shred it up and put it back into the pot.
- Lastly, serve with you favorite pasta and top with pecorino cheese.
If you want to checkout more of my easy and delicious recipes, head on over to this page!