The weather has been just the teeniest bit colder and we’ve been having lots of rain. Pair that with our non-existent kitchen and you’ve got the motivation to make the best chili ever with your new Instant Pot. Thing thing is a LIFE-SAVER, think crock-pot on speed. You can make shredded chicken in 5 minutes and chili in 18 minutes 🙌🏻 I made a turkey chili and it came out great so I thought I would share the recipe here for you all!
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED //
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 strips of bacon cut up into small pieces
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 (12-ounce) can of pumpkin beer
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1(15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional, not really though)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (same as above)
LET’S GET TO IT //
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot to the high saute setting.
- Add bacon until cooked, not totally crispy just enough so it’s not raw. Add canola oil, and turkey meat and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks.
- Add garlic, onion, bell pepper and chili to the Instant Pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, paprika, oregano, and cocoa powder.
- Stir in beer, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in beef stock, tomato puree, black and kidney beans and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 18 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sour cream and cheese, if desired.
SOOOO good *recipe adopted from Damn Delicious*