It is officially soup season at the Joy House! We love hearty soups with lots of flavor. Today, I am sharing a Lasagna Soup Recipe that is perfect to add to your weekly meal rotation.
We shopped at Walmart for all of our ingredients. I love shopping at Walmart because it is an easy one-stop shop and they even have home delivery which is a life saver during the week. Walmart’s brands like Great Value offer organic solutions and are also budget friendly. I love that Walmart provides these budget friendly solutions along with value!
Ok, let’s get to the good stuff! I laid out the ingredients and step by step instructions below. I hope you enjoy this cozy meal with your family this fall!
- Lasagna Noodles
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb sweet sausage, casings removed
- 1 carton of chicken broth, 32 oz
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- Tomato paste
- 1 tsps dried oregano
- 1 tsps tyme
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Ricotta Cheese
- French baguette
- In a large dutch oven pot over medium heat add extra virgin olive oil and sauté your chopped onion for 5 mins, or until translucent. Add minced garlic.
- Add your ground beef and sweet sausage out of the casing and cook until browned.
- Combine w/ diced tomatoes, carton of chicken broth, tomato paste and seasoning, then bring to a boil.
- Prepare your lasagna noodles by breaking them in small pieces and add uncooked to the dutch oven. Simmer for 10 mins or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese for some extra goodness then serve with some ricotta and a slice of french bread!