Helllo! Happy Friday, Friends! My mom and I had such a blast with you on stories last week making this perfectly delicious lazy day lasagna! It was pouring rain and we didn’t want to leave the house and between the two of us, we had all the ingredients on hand.
Now, this isn’t your fresh basil, homemade sauce lasagna, it’s your lazy day one so don’t cringe when you read through some of the ingredients, i.e. jarred sauce which my grandmother would wince at, God rest her soul. We used pre-made/packaged ingredients but I promise you, this lazy day lasagna is REALLY GOOD!
- 3 tablespoons of pesto – My mom recommends the Kirkland brand from Costco (anyone else’s parents obsessed with Costco, it’s their favorite store and they go weekly).
- 16 ounces of ricotta cheese – My mom recommends Polly-O original (not skim milk) because as she says if your going to have lasagna, you might as well have it!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Barilla Oven-Ready (No Boil) Lasagna Noodles
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce (best jarred sauce IMO)
- Fresh Mozzarella
How To Make
1. Make your sauce. First brown your meat in a sauce pan. Once it’s just cooked through, add the jar of Rao’s, or more if you want to have extra sauce (recommended). Let the sauce simmer on the stove while you fix your lasagna.
2. Put the entire container of ricotta in a mixing bowl.
3. Put 3 tablespoons of pesto in the bowl and mix. You can mix to taste to make sure the Pesto isn’t too overpowering. This idea came from my friend @lemonstripes. Such a great idea thanks Julia!
4. Beat 2 eggs and add into the ricotta/pesto mixture. This will help bind the cheese so that it doesn’t run all over the lasagna when you cut into it.
5. In a 9×13 baking dish, add a layer of the meat sauce to bottom of the pan.
6. Add a layer of the noodles.
7. Layer the ricotta/pesto mixture and continue those layers (sauce, noodles, cheese) until you get close to the top and end with a sauce layer.
9. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven). Keep an eye on it. Once it is bubbling take it out.
10. Then add a layer of fresh mozzarella and put back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
To see more recipes like this, click here!