The other night I was DYING for spaghetti and meatballs, we haven’t had much of it this summer and it’s one of our favorites. I decided to try something new with the ingredients I had on hand to make mozzarella stuffed meatballs and they came out SO good!!
Here is what you need:
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- (optional) 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan
- Fresh mozzarella balls (Costco sells these Belgioioso (say that three times fast 😜 ) fresh mozzarella balls that are delicious, my kids love to snack on them, too!)
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet
- Mix all of the ingredients together and make little patties in your hand about the size of your palm
- Put the mozzarella balls in the middle and then form the meat around the ball until it’s completely covered in meat
- Place the meatballs in the pre-heated oven for about 25/30 minutes
You are going to LOVE these and they are SO easy!! For my tomato sauce recipe, read here.