Sneaking in a quick post to share my mom’s potato salad recipe before the fourth of July! Her potato salad is LITERALLY the best in the world because well first, she’s my mom, and second, it’s so full of flavor and does NOT have a lot of mayonnaise. There is nothing a despise more than a potato salad with so much mayonnaise it may as well be called a slop, ugh.
K so for this recipe you will need:
- 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
Here’s what you’re going to do:
- Place potatoes and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are just cooked through. Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow them to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into in 1-inch thick pieces, add them to your serving bowl and pour on your dressing. Add the celery and celery and onion, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Make sure everything has a nice coating of dressing, pop that bowl in the refrigerator and let cool for a few hours.
- Almost forgot, top with a couple of sliced hard-boiled eggs!
- Serve and enjoy!