top / jeans / sunnies / star necklace / shoes / stool / bag (similar)
Back at it with Q&A part 2!! Part 1 of this Q&A touched on some of my favorite beauty products, can’t live without fashion items and daily routine’s. Today’s edition will be a little more personal touching on more of my family, motherhood and some more personal questions I have received lately. I love being open and real with you all so keeping it honest and all from my own personal experiences and perspectives. I hope you enjoy reading, and please comment with some new questions for me!
- Top 3 motherhood tips for new moms?
- Take it day by day.
- Outsource as much as you can in terms of cleaning your house, laundry etc. If you have no one nor the means to outsource it, let it go don’t worry or stress out about it, it will eventually get done.
- The world is just you and your baby right now. Do what feels right to you. People are going to be telling you all of their thoughts/opinions, all with good intentions, but that can be really overwhelming and confusing. All that matters is doing what feels right to you and your baby. Trust your gut.
- What are your tips for managing mom life/duties and work obligations? Get into a schedule! Focus that schedule around your priorities and make sure there is dedicated time for your kids, husband, work, etc. Trying to do it all at once isn’t good for anyone. Like I said above, try and outsource if you can and don’t feel guilty. For example, on Tues and Thurs I have a babysitter with the kids so I know I can close the door, put on headphones and do as much work as possible. I know it can be hard to think about someone else taking care of your kids because no one can take care of your babies like you can. While that is true, it can be really good for them to get exposure to other people and even better for you to be realistic about needing focused time to get things done. Take your time choosing a caregiver you trust, someone they love to be around so it’s not a battle every time and one that will give you the time you need to tackle that mile long to do list. I will also work at night when the kids are asleep. I think it’s great for my kids to see me focusing on working hard, chasing my dreams and doing what I love to support our family. Oh and don’t forget about your husband 🙂 Brian and I make sure to have date nights often so we can still connect 1:1.
- How do you find ways to balance it all- husband, kids, job, and last but definitely not least time for yourself? True balance is something I don’t think any mother feels like they will ever have, at least I don’t know anyone who has. If someone tells you they know the answers and can show you how to have balance, they are probably lying? Maybe I’m being mean here but really, I don’t get it. Life can ebb and flow in this department so I take advantage of all the hours in the day. I don’t really have much downtime so you won’t see me watching a lot of TV, reading magazines, or books right now. But I’m totally OK with that because between my job, kids and Brian that’s about all I can handle. That also means I have to say no to a lot of things like happy hours with friends or even sometimes work trips and projects. When I make time for myself it’s usually fitting time in with friends, having a girls night, a lunch date, or having friends over after the kids go to sleep. Occasionally I also make time for a manicure and getting my hair done which I count as time for myself.
- How do you best store family memories, whether photo, video or both? I am the worst at this right now! I buy a ton of iCloud storage and it’s all there. One day I will get around to organizing them!
- Do you guys plan on having more children? We are good with two right now!
- How did you and Brian meet? We met at a bar. I have a full post on our story you can check out! 🙂
- What did you major in while in college? Art History.
- Favorite color? Pink
- What was your favorite thing(s) about studying abroad? Any funny stories?
- My favorite part about studying abroad were the people I met and the girls that are still my best friends today. I lived in an apartment with 9 girls and there’s 5 of us that are in contact almost everyday.
- Being immersed in another culture was such an awesome experience. I am a homebody so I had never really been away from my family like that. It was really good for me in terms of building my independence and gaining more confidence.
- The food and wine!! I gained 15 lbs while I was there from eating pasta, gelato and drinking wine at every meal.
- I have SO many funny stories it’s ridiculous! One time my friends and I took an overnight train from Sicily to Florence. We somehow made friends with the Italian conductors who then got us to smoke a substance that is not appropriate for the blog. We had a great time however when I was asleep in the middle of the night, someone stole my carry on and dumped all my things into a toilet. Thankfully one of the nice conductors found it for me (ugh!). Another fun fact, while we were in Sicily, my best friend and I were hit on by two guys. One deaf and the other was mute.
- A country you would like yo visit or one you have visited and loved? I would like to go to Portugal one day. I really love Italy, Spain and France.
- Did you remove gluten as well as dairy? No.
- What are your favorite places to eat in Stamford/Norwalk area?
- The Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood is my favorite. It has gorgeous waterfront dining all year round and has some of the best seafood I’ve ever had.
- My favorite Italian restaurant in Stamford is Columbus Park Trattoria. It’s actually my best friends families restaurant and her mother makes the pasta every morning. They were voted the best Italian restaurant in Fairfield County!
- For brunch I love The Chelsea in Fairfield. The atmosphere is great and they serve brunch on Saturday and Sunday!!
- Best rooftop bar is at Fortina in Stamford and they also have 4 locations in NY too!
- I will frequent Rosie’s in New Canaan for week day lunches. I’ve even mentioned them on the blog before…a few times.
- My favorite Mexican is Bar Taco in Stamford (or Westport) and Bodega in Darien.
- Are you a patriot or eagle fan? Neither. I am a Buffalo Bills fan (mostly because Brian is 🙂
Hope you enjoyed today’s Q&A! Would you like to see more posts like this in the future? Comment below with your thoughts/questions!!