I hope you’re hungry friends! Excited to share our Rustic Chicken Piccata! I call this my Rustic Chicken Piccata because the ingredients are so simple and once you cook this a time or two, all the measuring goes out the kitchen window and you can do it blindfolded. When the flavors come together it tastes like a fancy restaurant dinner, but this one is easy enough for a weeknight meal. The kids love it with rice pilaf, but it would also be delicious served with cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes.
- 2 large chicken breast cut half lengthwise
- salt & pepper to taste
- flour for drenching
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 cups chicken broth or white wine
- juice of one half lemon
- 2 tablespoon brined capers
- Slice your chicken breasts lengthwise to make 4 thinner cutlets. Trim off any fat. Season the chicken with salt.Then, coat the chicken in flour.
- Over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter to a skillet.
- Wait till the pan is hot, cook the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes per side until the chicken is golden.
- Once the chicken is golden, remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the chicken back with 1 cup of the chicken broth, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and capers to the skillet. Scrape up any brown bits.
When the mixture starts to bubble and the broth starts reducing, add back a little broth for more reducing = more flavor!
Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced to your liking. This usually takes 5 minutes. You may need to turn down the heat so it stops bubbling. If the sauce thickens too much, add more broth.
Once you are finished, serve with a side of your choosing!!
Our kids LOVE this dish so much so it has become a staple!! Enjoy 🙂 #purejoycooks