Brian Here! It’s NFL playoff time so wanted to share an easy sausage & peppers recipe for your weekend tailgate. Also had to add the toasted roll w/ a little marinara on top. I guess it is from my Upstate NY roots. Go Bills!!
- 8 sweet sausages cut into quarters (you can use hot as well!)
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of diced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Marinara Sauce for topping
- Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Fresh cut basil for topping
- Rolls (I like a good hoagie roll!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the sliced peppers, onions and mix the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, diced garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Mix to coat and spread on an oven pan.
- Place sausage quarters on top of the veggie mixture.
- Bake for 30 mins or until cooked.
- Toast the rolls then add the sausage & peppers and top with marinara sauce, parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy! #cookingwiththejoys