Now that I am able to cook in my kitchen again after months of renovation, I have been whipping up our family’s favorite recipes. We have had a lot of visitors stopping by to see the results of our heart, sweat and tears in this kitchen and it’s been so nice to finally reveal it to everyone and entertain again! I have a go-to cold weather recipe when I am feeding a crowd but this easy to make bolognese pasta dish is one of my personal favorites.
I recently updated the recipe to account for the times I am short ingredients so it’s simplified and still tastes great! The island makes for a great place to have the kids hang out while I cook and join in to help when they can like counting out the vegetables we need and pouring the olive oil in.
Here is what you need for this recipe:
- 1-1.5 cup(s) of chopped carrots, celery & onion (I use a blender to chop it all at the same time)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 16-oz cans of tomato sauce (not like pre-made jarred sauce, just tomato sauce. You can find it where the sell the canned tomatoes, I 100% prefer Hunts)
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1-1.5 lb of chopped ground beef (I used 80% / 20%, I know so fattening)
Here is what you do:
- Chop all your vegetables either by hand or in a blender
- Sauté them in olive oil until they are translucent. I use my Le Creuset dutch oven (linked similar option) for this.
- Add your beef and about a teaspoon of salt
- Cook until brown
- Add one cup of red wine and let that cook with the beef with the pot uncovered. Let it cook for as long as the liquid is just about evaporated out (10 minutes usually)
- Add one can of the Hunts tomato sauce and let it all cook together for about 10 minutes
Serve with spaghetti, freshly grated parmesan cheese and a salad and you’ve got an incredible cold weather recipe dinner!
If you are in need of any kitchen appliances this holiday season don’t forget you can find tons of great deals on Kitchen Appliances on eBay! I love our Le Creuset dutch oven and eBay has a ton of great options. If you’ve never shopped on eBay before, check out my post listing out 5 simple tips for getting started! They make it so easy to navigate to what you are looking for, like something “New” using their “Buy It Now” feature and narrow down the details to get the best match! Also almost 70% of the items on eBay ship for free! You can also check their daily deals page to see the best sales of the day and even preview their Black Friday deals starting now!
Thank you eBay for sponsoring today’s post!