Staying home has got us all in such a slower mode than we’re used to. While I can’t wait for the reopening of well…pretty much all public places 🤪, there is a part of me that LOVES being home without the pressure to go anywhere. I found this time to be pretty special, especially because we were able to bring home William and stay in without any distractions. It gave our family a chance to be really close and adjust together, and create our own fun along the way. Sure, there were days when we all drove each other crazy, but for the most part, I think we all really enjoyed it.
One part of this whole thing that I’ve loved is inventing ways to have fun and explore and discover at home. We’ve loved baking and cooking together, I’ve discovered my love for a steam mop and the undying necessity of the Dyson cordless vacuum (never have I used an at home appliance more than this guy), Brian has become quite the barista whipping up all sorts of coffee creations with our Miele coffee maker, and we’ve even delved into the world of deep frying…donuts anyone?!
My mom also brought us her ice cream maker and we’ve been experimenting with making all sorts of different flavors, our current favorite is strawberry (recipe below).
1. Put the strawberries into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse strawberries until rough/finely chopped (depending on preference). Reserve in bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine the milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Stir in reserved strawberries with all juices.
3. Turn on the Cuisinart® ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. Store into separate containers (we used mason jars to give to friends) and fr
5. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving. *Frozen strawberries may be substituted if fresh strawberries are not available.
I compiled a list of some of our favorite Stay Home Must Haves, all items that you can get from eBay! eBay has all my favorite tried and true brands that other big retailers have, the prices are super competitive and 72% of items ship for free. You can buy everything from KitchenAid mixers to Dyson vacuums, brand new and a refurbished option which is awesome! We sourced some of our favorite kitchen and home gadgets to get you through the rest of quarantine, and maybe even find some new fun activities to do with your family! We are SO excited to make donuts in our new deep fryer and will keep you posted with the recipe for those, and I love trying new recipes in our instant pot.
- Kitchen Aid Mixer / 2. Le Crueset Dutch Oven / 3. Steam Mop / 4. Deep Fryer / 5. Dyson Stick Vacuum / 6. Ninja Blender / 7. Ice Cream Maker
*this post was sponsored by ebay