Den and Lou (Dennis and Louise, my parents) are back from Florida for the holidays and we are BACK with Sundays with Nana for our second installment 🙂 If you missed our first, we made a really yummy lasagna that took no time at all and would be perfect for busy weeknights and weekends!
Today, Lou came over to make a really simple and delicious stuffing you can make for Thanksgiving. The ingredients are super simple, and just a heads up if you’re watching your butter consumption, turn away. In the words of Lou, “It’s Thanksgiving for goodness sake! Don’t you think Ina Garten uses butter??” 🤣
For this stuffing you will need:
Traditional Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 1 bag of Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoning
- 1 QT of chicken stock
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 apples, “roughy chopped”
- 1 onion, “roughly chopped”
- 5 stalks of celery, “roughly chopped”
- Cook your sausage in a sauté pan like this or this with a tablespoon of butter. Once it’s nice and browned, add in your celery, onion and apples. You’re going to want that to cook down a lot, about 15 minutes of stirring around, adding a tablespoon of butter here and there, until it’s all gone 🙈(Lou clearly doesn’t have a problem adding butter, but I must admit, it makes it SOOOOO good).
- Once everything is cooked down, you’re going to want to add about 1/2 cup of chicken stock and let that absorb in.
- Add 8 ounces (about 1/2 the bag of stuffing) and stir that around until all bread is wet.
- Once everything is absorbed and looking delicious, add the stuffing to a casserole dish (spray it first with a baking spray) and bake for about 25 minutes, uncovered, at 350.
You can get pretty much everything you need for this recipe from Walmart! They offer a wide variety of groceries to choose from including fresh produce and meat. You can easily order online for pick-up at your nearest Walmart location or delivery straight to your home. A great time saver and helps to ensure you don’t miss anything on your list. Checkout #communitytable or visit their site and see how Jennifer Garner is learning about a number of special recipes from members of the Walmart family. Do you have a family favorite recipe that you think would be perfect for the holidays? Join in and share the how to’s with the #communitytable!
Enjoy!! What should we cook next!?
Thank you Walmart for sponsoring today’s post.
As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.