Last night I went to make my usual bolognese but was short a couple of ingredients from my original so I simplified it a bit, and it was even better! Little Brian helped me with putting the carrots, onion and celery into the blender to chop (I had him count out 7 baby carrots, two stalks of celery, etc…), stirring the vegetables in the pot, cooking the beef, all steps really, he loves to help me in the kitchen.
Here is what you need for this recipe:
- 1-1.5 cup(s) of chopped carrots, celery & onion (I use a blender to chop it all at the same time)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 16-oz cans of tomato sauce (not like premade jarred sauce, just tomato sauce. You can find it where the sell the canned tomatoes, I 100% prefer Hunts)
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1-1.5 lb of chopped ground beef (I used 80% / 20%, I know so fattening)
Here is what you do:
- Chop all your vegetables either by hand or in a blender
- Sauté them in olive oil until they are translucent
- Add your beef and about a teaspoon of salt
- Cook until brown
- Add one cup of red wine and let that cook with the beef with the pot uncovered. Let it cook for as long as the liquid is just about evaporated out (10 minutes usually)
- Add one can of the Hunts tomato sauce and let it all cook together for about 10 minutes
Serve with spaghetti, freshly grated parmesan cheese and a salad and you’ve got an incredible dinner!