Brian makes these chicken strips for us, almost weekly because they are SO good, take very little time, and the kids GOBBLE them up! They are also a really nice alternative to the typical frozen “chicken fingers” our kids love.
Here is what you need to make these yummy, protein packed lunch or dinners for your family!
- chicken strips (you can buy breasts and just cut them so they are in the classic “chicken tender” shape. And although I don’t like to condone picking up food with our hands, they work perfectly as a quick “grab and go”.
- Olive oil to coat the chicken before breading
- 1/2 cup in panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano
- teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- two cloves of garlic, minced
- Add the minced garlic to your oil, and stir together the dry ingredients — panko crumbs, pecorino and basil.
- Drench the chicken strips in the oil + garlic and then coat them with the panko mixture. Lay them out on a baking sheet and squeeze the juice of one whole lemon on the top!
- Pop that baking sheet in the oven and cook at 375 for 25 minutes.