Brian makes these chicken strips for us, almost weekly because they are SO good, take very little time, and the kids GOBBLE them up! They are also a really nice alternative to the typical frozen “chicken fingers” our kids love.
Here is what you need to make these yummy, protein packed lunch or dinners for your family!
Brian’s Lemon Parmesan Chicken Strips
- 1 pound chicken strips you can buy breasts and just cut them so they are in the classic “chicken tender” shape. And although I don’t like to condone picking up food with our hands, they work perfectly as a quick “grab and go”.
- 2 tbsp olive oil to coat the chicken before breading
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Add the minced garlic to your oil, and stir together the dry ingredients — panko crumbs, pecorino and basil.
- Drench the chicken strips in the oil + garlic and then coat them with the panko mixture. Lay them out on a baking sheet and squeeze the juice of one whole lemon on the top!
- Pop that baking sheet in the oven and cook at 375 for 25 minutes.